If you are a student or a graduate of Public Relations then surely you have heard about Media Conference. This is an open event for the purpose of announcing a service, product, or news about a business, as well as an invention or a medical cure. It is a meeting that journalists attend, and other representatives from companies related to the topic of the conference to cover the event and ask some questions.
It is absolutely essential to consider some main points to cover when you manage a Media Conference if you want it to be a successful event. Here are some tips.
Craft your Message
© Beca Jayne | Pinterest
- Be clear and summarize the message that you want to convey in, at most, 5 points.
- Display these key messages in your media kit.
Time and Location
© Carter Brundage, The Ubyssey |The Dalhousie Gazette
- Choose in advance the place where your media conference will be held.
- Consider the number of people who you expect to attend, as well as if it will be at an indoor or outdoor venue.
- Keep in mind when the event will start, and the duration.
Who to invite?
- Contact the media at least 24 hours before the event to confirm how many people will be in attendance.
- You can contact them throughout an emailed press release or even via a personal call or email.
After a Media Conference
© Daniel Munoz | Reuters
- For the main news outlets that could not attend your event, hand out press releases and media kits.
- Follow and watch the news after the day of the media conference, gather all of this information and analyze it with your team, to see what you can improve and if you achieved your goal.
One thought on “How Do You Organize a Successful Media Conference?”
Pingback: How to Write and Give an Appealing Speech – Everything is PRsonal